KNOWLEDGE & ACTIVITY PACK FOR SUPORTING YP’s SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The main aim of Project Result 1 (PR1) is to assess YOUNG PEOPLE’S knowledge in Mental Health Literacy, their skills when dealing with Mental Health problems, their attitudes towards people with Mental Health Problems (social stigma), improve young people’s knowledge of mental health problems, wellbeing and healthy lifestyle, normalize the experience of mental illness and eventually, encourage young people to talk, and seek for professional help if needed.
The first Project Result of the project will develop an Activity Pack, with the aim to raise Young People’s (YP) awareness on topics such as Mental Health and Wellbeing. This result will equip young individuals with the needed skills and competences, to enable them to cope with any mental health issues they might face in their adult life. Essentially, the consortium will organize focus groups in each partner country, to assess young people’s knowledge on Mental Health and define on which topics they lack the appropriate information.
Once this is completed, the partners will devise the Knowledge Pack, that will include a variety of themes, such as ‘’Understanding Mental Health’’ and ‘’Seeking help and finding support’’. The final step of this project result, is the ‘’Activity Pack’’, that will entail a wide range of resources, with the purpose of equipping YP with Social-emotional (SE) competencies such as self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision making. These resources will offer the necessary skills that will help YP learn to recognize and control their emotions and behaviours, establish and maintain positive relationships, make responsible decisions and solve challenging situations.
PR1-A1: MAPPING OF YOUNG PEOPLE’S KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS RELATED TO MENTAL HEALTH
The objective of this activity was assess young people’s knowledge on Mental Health Literacy, their skills when dealing with Mental Health problems, their attitudes towards people with Mental Health Problems (social stigma) and record main Mental Health problems they face.
- PR1-A1-1: National Reports: Depiction of the current scene in all the partner countries, regarding the knowledge of young people on Mental Health topics.
- PR1-A1-2: Practices: Programs, practices or resources aiming at informing young people on matters such as Mental Health.
PR1-A2: DEFINING YOUNG PEOPLE’S NEEDED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTITUDES
The aim of this activity was to identify any previous developed training programmes or practices related to young people’s social and emotional development, in order to create the TOOL BANK.
Tool bank: A free educational resource providing all the available practices in the partner countries, specializing on Mental Health literacy and support.
PR1-A3: COMPARATIVE INDEX
Following the development of the national reports, the consortium prepared a COMPARATIVE INDEX, which holistically delineates the current scene at EU level, regarding the practices, resources or training programmes existing for educating young people on issues such as Mental Health.
COMPARATIVE INDEX: Delineates the current scene at EU level, regarding the practices, resources or training programmes existing for educating young people on issues such as Mental Health.
PR1-A4: DEVELOPMENT OF THE KNOWLEDGE AND ACTIVITY PACK
The purpose of this activity was to contribute both to the enhancement of young people’s knowledge on matters such as Mental Health through the KNOWLEDGE PACK, whilst simultaneously creating the ACTIVITY PACK, which offers a variety of activities that YOUTH WORKERS can implement, when collaborating with young people.
- PR1-A4-1: COMPETENCE FRAMEWORK: Prior the development of the educational material, all the partners developed an individualized COMPETENCE FRAMEWORK, which serves as an introductory booklet for the modules elaborated into the KNOWLEDGE PACK, emphasizing the SKILLS, ATTITUDES AND KNOWLEDGE gained from each module.
- PR1-A4-2: KNOWLEDGE PACK: Provides free educational material with aim of enhancing YOUNG PEOPLE’S MENTAL HEALTH LITERACY and help them cultivate a healthier lifestyle.
- PR1-A4-3: ACTIVITY PACK: Provides YOUTH WORKERS with a range of activities that aim to help young people cultivate the necessary skills to develop mental resilience and overcome any challenges.